I apologize for being a lazy blogger, but for anyone who has been through an adoption- you know why! The dossier building is very time consuming, mostly because no one cares as much as we do about the process. Therefore, when a doctor, for example, refuses to complete a physical form in the correct manner, it takes a miracle to persuade him that you are not just being difficult and these are, in fact, true requirements for our adoption. That was a mouthful and I am sure my frustration is palpable. However, we have hit only minor snags and I am so thankful to God for His continued grace during this process. We have mostly been able to keep a proper perspective during the entire adoption process. There are freak-out days (when I sense the reality of what my child has been through in her little life) and there are those joyful moments (when I sense the reality that we are going to have a beautiful little girl in a very short while!). Overall, it is like any journey worth making in this life- ups and downs, rewards and setbacks. A lot like parenting. For anyone who is just beginning an adoption, or for those who are simply curious, I am setting up a timeline and a list describing the "paper chase."
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment