As I post this I can't believe it is Christmas Day and you aren't here with us. I remember last Christmas like it was yesterday. That was the day I heard the Lord really speak to my heart that our child is in Ethiopia. I had no way of knowing who you were, how this would work, and how long this would take. I just knew it was true. The story of how you came into our lives is an ongoing miracle story. I can't wait to shower you in the love that God has placed in our hearts just for you and tell you of our God's amazing works.
I don't know exactly where you are right now. I don't know your precise circumstances. This is really hard for me. Yet the pain I am experiencing as your mommy-to-be can not be compared to what you have experienced in your little life already. Little girl, I know you may be afraid and I know you may be confused. If I could take this cup from you, I would- in a second. However, this is your story with the Lord and He will craft it the way He knows is best. My prayer is that you feel His care and protection even now, on this day. My prayer is that your heart can rest in His peace, even though you can't fully understand your situation. My prayer is that our Lord will put us together soon and that we can work these things out together, as a family. Because that is what all of this is about- we will be your forever family and you will not walk through this life alone. I love you so very much. -Your mommy
Praise you, Father, for the perfect sacrifice of Jesus. May we honor You all of our days for the gift of your undeserved grace!!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Merry Christmas, Our Girl!
Posted by Clayton & Amber at 5:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment