Hello, there, to the few of you who actually read this neglected blog! We arrived safely in Gulfport only to have to evacuate the next day because of Gustav. Sigh...I better get accustomed to this. :) We are back now and we are beginning to cast our eyes toward our futures here in this new town. Specifically, I have lined up sports and music lessons, acquired library cards, taken a tour of the streets, and sent in the required paperwork for homeschooling in the great state of Mississippi! Clayton is gone and so I am braving this without him, but not without the help of our Lord! Thank you, Jesus!
Now that I have a moment to sit and breathe, I have been pondering the imminent arrival of our little girl(s) again. It's been nice. Some parents in my adoption YG have recently been discussing the issue of post-adoption depression. Oddly, this is something to which I have not given much thought. I am going to order some recommended books from Amazon on this subject. I know myself, and flying across the world, forming an instant interracial family, and changing the dynamic of our family so dramatically will take its toll on my emotional health! I need preparation and information. I am almost finished reading "Black Baby, White Hands" by Jaiah John. I have really gotten a lot from this book so far. Hopefully I can blog more about that later. One of the recurring themes I hold onto through this process, is the reality of Jesus in our lives and the reality of His expectations of us. Folks, Jesus was not ambiguous about His expectations from those who claim Him as Lord. He didn't make it optional to love others in tangible ways, to live a life of sacrifice and servanthood, or to obey His commands and guidance. If He expects these things of us, He will surely do as He promised and provide the grace needed to complete our races in victory. This sustains me and reminds me that with God's help, my little girls will come home and we will give them the life God has planned for them!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Baby Blues
Posted by Clayton & Amber at 7:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment