CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Two Months Down, Baby!!


I remember when we first began this journey, I could not imagine getting our dossier finished- much less what it would be like to be at the momentous 2 month waiting mark. It feels great! So far, the waiting has been a lot different than I thought it would be. I have my good days, characterized by a sense of peace and firm faith in my God to bring all things to pass as He sees fit. Other days, my bad days, I am an emotional mess! I cry at the drop of a hat, I take all adoption news as a bad omen and I collapse into bed at night with a longing I scarcely feel I can handle much longer.
I have no idea how old Nya will be when we are united with her. Therefore, I don't have retail therapy to help me get through the wait. :) Surprisingly, I have manged fairly well to keep my mind occupied thus far. We homeschool year round with breaks here and there, so I am still busy with that. I have the task of planning a move soon because Clayton was blessed by our Lord to achieve his dream job- Chaplain in the U.S. Navy!!! Therefore, we will be moving in a few months so that will certainly help keep my mind occupied. I have two great little men to raise daily and right now we are in VBS and that always makes for a chaotic week! Somehow, though, I have a sense that our lives are "missing" an element and I know all you adoptive parents know to what I am referring. Although Nya has yet to become a part of our family in the legal and physical sense, her presence is missed and felt in my heart nonetheless...
One comforting, and also surprising, occurrence, is that whenever I am alone with God (and most especially when I am worshipping in church) I am overwhelmed literally with love and longing for our girl. I have come to treasure those moments. The Lord renews my strength, affirms my dreams, and prepares me for what is ahead in those moments. So, this is my 2 month post. Only 5-7 more months to go until we see our girl's face. Can't wait!

0 comments: