I know Mother's Day has come and gone, but I just had to share this while I had time. My boys loathe tomatoes with a passion that is difficult to describe. I don't know if it is the texture or appearance or smell or what, but they can not stand to even look at them. So, perhaps you can appreciate why I was so touched by their Mother's Day gift to me. In an attempt to demonstrate the greatness of their love for me, they each ate tomatoe Sunday night. What started out as laughter in my heart quickly lead to tears as I watched their little determined faces scrunching up in utter disgust as they choked the mushy red substance down. They were looking at me the whole time with these questioning expressions, like "Do you see what we're willing to do for you?" It warmed my heart like no other gift I have ever received. It also confirmed what I have always known to be true- I have two of the best boys in the world! Thank you, Lord for the comfort and joy of a family to call my own. I don' t deserve it, but I thank you just the same.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment