Today is Caleb's 7th birthday (actually it's tomorrow but we are celebrating today!). It is the very definition of bittersweet for me. I remember like it was just yesterday, how I held my first born boy in my arms. He rocked my world! I never knew a love like that could be...
In many ways, he has been my teacher. He is the one who helped me grow into mommy-hood, and still does. You, my little girl, will reap the benefits of Caleb's experience as the first-born. His heart is so big and so beautiful that he loves you even now, before we have even been introduced to you. He prays for you, talks about you, plans for your entry into our family. He wants to be a missionary doctor to your homeland, Ethiopia. I couldn't ask for anyone more wonderful to be my first-born son. I keep thinking that on his next birthday, you will be celebrating his life with us. All of my miracle-children will be there! What a day of rejoicing that will be. Caleb sends you his love today, Nya. I thank God for your big brother.
-Mommy




0 comments:
Post a Comment