I am writing today out of frustration. Okay, I promised myself when I began this journey that I would not complain the whole way through. I was aware that adoption is lengthy and it would be a long while before I held my child in my arms. As time wears on, though, I find myself growing anxious and frustrated. Today was "the straw that broke the camel's back," so to speak, in that there was supposed to be a "Waiting Child List" released from my agency and I have heard rumor that this is not happening, for now at least. Why, you may wonder, did this hit me so hard? Perhaps it is because I can not get information in a timely manner from many officials, agencies, and personnel who hold the fate of my adoption in their hands. Perhaps it is because I have grown weary from fighting tooth and nail to get simple documents signed and returned. Or perhaps it is because I have no doctors appointments, ultrasounds, and blossoming belly to mark the progression of my journey to Nya and thus making it more real. More likely, however, it is because I suppose I am hoping to see Nya in one of those pictures (and perhaps another child as well) and have that moment of knowing that this is my child no matter what! Or maybe I am just impatient and getting angry is at least doing something! I don't know...
Today I pray this prayer of Paul's. I pray it for myself and for anyone who is reading this and can identify with my plight:
"And we pray this that you might live a life worthy of the Lord, and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened in in all power according to His glorious might, so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light." Col 1:10-12
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
The Blessing is in the Waiting?
Posted by Clayton & Amber at 7:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment